Unpaid Internship Position Available for the 2020/2021 School Year (Interns could begin in the Summer of 2020)!
The Kofa Foundation has unpaid internships for self-motivated individuals who can assist with our development strategies, grant writing, sustaining membership recruitment and retention, and sponsorship solicitation. The interns will work in partnership with our Executive Director and with our Program/Project Manager.
Duties may include, but not limited to the following:
- Coordinating Volunteers
- Overseeing a volunteer recruitment and retention campaign
- Promoting and supporting fundraising events and activities
- Operating our monthly newsletter
- Answering phones and general office work
- Special projects that may arise
- Creative thinking
- Problem solving
- Self motivating
- Working knowledge of social media
- Familiarity of public health issues, and civic engagement
- Experience working with youths
- Knowledge of Microsoft programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, etc.
Duration of Internships:
2020: June - August
2020: September - December
2021: January - April
Hours Per Week: Flexible
Contact us for an interview by August 4th for the Fall Semester, and December 8th for the Spring Semester.
Contact us at to apply.
Kofa Foundation Programs and Events:
- Emerging Leaders Program - This program consist of junior high and high school age girls of color and immigrant descent learning about public health issues, civic responsibilities, entrepreneurship, and STEM careers. This program runs in the Summer.
- Preparing and serving home cooked meals to adults experiencing homelessness and food insecurities. (Monthly)
- Appreciation Dinner (Fall 2020)
- Kofa Foundation 2020 Humanitarian Gala (Friday December 11, 2020, Coon Rapids Civic Center)
- Girls Rock!the Capitol (President's Day, 2021 at the Minnesota State Capitol Building
- 2nd Annual Health & Fitness Walk-A-Thon (Saturday Summer 2021)
- 6th Annual Miss Liberia Minnesota Scholarship Pageant (Spring 2021, Purple Rose Event Hall, Coon Rapids, MN)
Become a Volunteer!
We are nothing without our volunteers. They are an integral part of the work we do.
We need volunteers to:
Join our youth development team
- Serve as advocates
- Assist with educational presentations, workshops, and training
- Help coordinate, and/or volunteer at community events
- Attend community collaborative partnership meetings
- Create brouchures and newsletters
- Develop educational campaigns
- Provide professional videography and photography
- Serve on our fundraising committee
- Host House Parties
- Reach out to donors
- Write Grants
- Assist in a variety of other capacities as needed
* We would love for you to join our team. We need your help. Be a volunteer today by sending us a message below!
$45 per child per month is a huge part of what it takes to play a role in a community of caring adults making sure that none of the children we support in the orphanages are left behind. Your donation of any amount will make a huge difference in the lives of these children. All donations to Kofa Foundation are tax deductible. Kindly click on the donate button at the top of the page now to start making a difference. We appreciate your generosity. Thank you!